This position reports to the President / Chief Executive Officer
This position will lead and direct all Health, Safety and Quality initiatives for the corporate office and all U.S. and International plants. The director will partner with corporate leaders, plants managers and safety professionals to establish consistent, best-practices in the HSEQ environment. The director will develop and enhance the value of the safety and quality professionals through coaching, mentoring, and professional/technical development. Orchestrate the development, implementation and management of the HSEQ Management System for the company and all plants in safety and quality. Develops and administers policies and programs to ensure all facilities in the organization are in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, regulations and standards concerning the health and safety of the workforce and surrounding community. Coordinates audits, inspections, and tours of facilities and offices to detect existing or potential accident, health, security or safety hazards, recommends, facilitates, and follows up on corrective actions. Investigates fraudulent claims in conjunction with insurance companies. Ensures employee safety and training programs are developed and carried out accordingly.
• Direct, coach, mentor, conduct performance reviews, salary administration for staff• Oversee all company safety training programs
• Manage company Random Drug testing program
• Champions Continuous Improvement and/or Lean methodology for plants
• Responsible for achieving and maintaining API/ ISO and any customer, regional, state or country required certifications for our products and services.
• Establishes and directs health and safety policies which meet organization, customer and government regulations within the following functions: health and safety, industrial hygiene and environmental protection.
• Develops, reviews and implements new and existing safety, security and quality programs, policies and training initiatives.
• Recommends measures to reduce or eliminate industrial accident and health hazards in compliance with occupational safety regulations.
• Supervises and personally conducts workplace inspections to detect existing or potential accident, health, safety, environmental or quality hazards. Analyzes results of internal and external audits and takes appropriate actions to resolve and potential issues.
• Prepares legally required reports and any regular or special documents for use in hearings, lawsuits, insurance investigations, company investigations and/ or continuous improvement activities.
• Serves as a liaison with local fire departments, area hospitals, law enforcement and other outside agencies regarding employee safety and health programs.
• Supports all programs to address environmental issues, and oversees hazardous material disposal and documentation if applicable.
• Represents FlexSteel’s interests at industry safety activities when required.
• Oversees the maintenance and effective operation of the organization’s security and personal protective equipment.
• Supervises special investigation unit staff and conducts training for company personnel to detect potential fraudulent situations.
• Develops and manages initiatives to reduce Workers’ Compensation claims.
• Oversees the investigation of fraudulent Workers’ Compensation claims in conjunction with insurance companies.
• Utilizes statistical process control to continuously improve safety and quality.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Supervises directly and indirectly a team of 20 professionals.
• Responsible for coaching, training, developing and mentoring subordinate staff.
• Assigns work, sets completion dates, and reviews work in accordance with organizational policies, procedures, and performance management processes, as well as continuous improvement processes.
• At least 10 years management experience in the area of HSEQ in manufacturing and/ or pipeline construction (onshore pipe lines, heavy industry, offshore pipelines, etc.)
• Understanding of Benchmarking trends and standards across the Industry with implementation and follow up.
• Familiarity with manufacturing and installation processes for pipelines.
• Knowledge of Continuous Improvement or LEAN management
• Knowledge of legislation applicable to the onshore and offshore construction market and HSE management initiatives (IIF, LWS, Target Zero, etc), ISO and API, HSE Management System.
• Knowledge of all current legislation applicable to the offshore and onshore construction market globally.
• Knowledge of client driven HSEQ management initiatives (IIF, LWS, Target Zero, etc).
• Experience in the development and maintenance of an HSEQ Management System.
• Experience in the development of and administration of HSEQ bridging documents for project execution.
• Excellent management and coordination skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (including presentation skills).
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with industry peers.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite of Tools and ability to learn and use company specific software...
• Professional HSEQ affiliations.
• Ability to travel 25% of the time
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Engineering or HSEQ B.S. or B.A. and 10 yrs management experience in the area of HSEQ or the equivalent combination.
***NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE ***